The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Error bars
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

criscnunes

8 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
How can I include error bars in a graph?
The situation is this: I have a data set and choose a function (eg linear) to represent them.
How do I put an error bar on the graph to represent the difference (positive or negative) between the estimated and the theoretical value?
I want that the error bar is related to data and the function I chose to represent them.
Thank you

larry_lan

China
Posted - 11/15/2010 :  05:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

You should first have column of data as the Value of Error Bars. Such as in This Tutorial.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  10:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To simplify the addition of Residuals as Error Bars, you should make sure you use 'Same as Input Data' as the X Data Type. Click the green Operation Lock and choose 'Change Parameters'. Set the X Data Type in the Fitted Curves Plot section.

Double click the Layer1 icon in the upper left of your graph to open Plot Setup. Expand the dialog to show all three panels and choose Worksheets in Folder and select the FitLinearCurve# sheet.
In the Plot Type panel, select the Independent Variable as the X, the Linear Fit as the Y and the Residual as the yEr. Click Add and click OK.
Go to Top of Page

criscnunes

8 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I followed the steps in the tutorial, as shown below. But I made a mistake, but can not figure out where. Can you help?

Go to Top of Page

criscnunes

8 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  10:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I cant undestand whrer I made the mistake. But thr"OK" is disable. The error is " Error: Non contiguous ranges is not supported in this tool."
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Artem-Physicist

Ukraine
1 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem recently. But I found a solution. There are at least two ways of highlighting columns. When you are using the first way you click on required columns in turn with pressed Ctrl. And when you are using the second way you slide by cursor of mouse on required columns with pressed left mouse button. The result of highlighting using first or second way is the same, but after using first way you have a problem "Non contiguous ranges is not supported in this tool" and after using second way Origin works correctly. So use second way described above.

I don't know the reason of this problem. Maybe it is bug of program.
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 03/04/2011 :  02:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are using Origin 8.0. To do statistics on rows, you should select contiguous columns. That is, in this case, select column 2, 3, 4, or 2, 3, or 3, 4. Selecting column 2, 4 will failed.

In Origin 8.1 or later versions, we have fixed this problem.

Thanks
Larry

Edited by - larry_lan on 03/04/2011 02:29:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000