The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Automatically graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

phrygian

1 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  5:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I know how to have files that are dropped into the origin workspace automatically plotted, but can't figure out how to have the graph automatically renamed to a portion of the file name, how would I go about doing this?

Also, is there a way to have upon import the associated workbook deleted after graphing or never created in the first place to free up clutter when importing/graphing multiple files?

Thanks for the help

larry_lan

China
Posted - 01/24/2011 :  03:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
I know how to have files that are dropped into the origin workspace automatically plotted, but can't figure out how to have the graph automatically renamed to a portion of the file name, how would I go about doing this?

Are you saying you drag a file onto an Origin graph window to create the plots, and you want the graph window's name is part of the file's name? If so, not supported.

quote:
Also, is there a way to have upon import the associated workbook deleted after graphing or never created in the first place to free up clutter when importing/graphing multiple files?

A plot on a graph page should associated with a workbook data column. If delete the workbook, plot will lost. I am not quite sure your requirement, could you please give more details?

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

andrewdsto

Australia
Posted - 02/09/2011 :  02:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
if you want to clearup clutter, just a suggestion, you can hide the current workbook

if the workbook "workbookname" is active,

win -ch 1

will hide it from view,

you can reactivate it by

win -a "workbookname"

this will clear up clutter

cheers Andrew
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000