The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting with two or more functions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sebastiano Cataldo

1 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  11:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.0 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win7

Hi everione,

I would know if it is possible to employ more than one function in the Non-linear curve fit operations.
For example, I would use a Gaussian to fit part of my convoluted signal curve and a Lorenzian to fit another part.

Is it possible?
Please help me!!!

Deanna

China
Posted - 01/27/2011 :  04:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Sebastiano,

If your data have two peaks and you want to fit one with Gaussian and the other with Lorenzian and you have Origin Professional version, you can use the Peak Analyzer tool. This helps you to find peaks in your dataset and allows you to fit them to different functions. Please see more details of this tool here:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/Category/Peak_Analyzer.html

In addition, you can use the NonLinear Curve Fitting tool on part of your data. So you can fit one selected range with Gaussian. And then, use it again to fit another chosen range with a different range.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000