The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting Curve/Plane in 3D Scatters;
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FlorianSchein

4 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  08:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Pro 8 SR0 v.8.0724

Operating System:Windows 7 Professional

Hey Guys- really need your help,

Need to plot 3D Scatter Diagrams with linear axes. To see any trends fitting curves/planes would be a solution- but could not be applied by now.
2D is not a problem but 3D tools to overcome that problem I could not find yet. Any Ideas?

FlorianSchein

4 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  09:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Only the update how plot looks like- thanks for your help in advance..
Go to Top of Page

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  04:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi FlorianSchein,

If you want to do a surface fitting on 3D Scatter, you can select Analysis: Fitting: Nonlinear Surface Fit from the main menu. However, the fitted surface is not plotted on the original graph, you need to add it manually.
Go to Top of Page

FlorianSchein

4 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  04:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah I know that.. but the problem is that only 2D planes are fit to the data sets...additionally I have problems plotting that b/c origin crashes within the plotting process-have already reinstalled but still not working correctly..so only preview is available.

In preview only 2D planes and 2D Trends are computed...I need additionally the 3rd axis trends- or is this also possible with that surface tool?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000