The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Doubt about 3D bar graphic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cavaco123

Belgium
7 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  10:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear,

I've a couple of questions regarding 3D bar graphics that I would appreciate if someone could answer me:

With origin 8.1:

1- How do I introduce a legend? Something like a color map legend.

2- Why does the color map values don't exactly correspond to the values introduces on the respective matrix? (e.g., according to the color map, all value above 80 should be blue, however despite having 4 values in my matrix above 80 they are shown in a different color).

3- Is it possible to color the x axis with 2 different colors? Mainly my x axis is a text dataset with the following values: 1,3,5,8,1,3,5,8. I would like to know if it is possible to have a visual distinction between the two sequences from 1 to 8. For the time being Im just using PowerPoint to introduce a separation line, but that looks really bad.

If needed I can send the respective origin file.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
Kind regards,

Celso Cavaco

Origin 8.1 SR2
v8.1.88.89

vincenth

30 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  2:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Celso,

If you right-click with your mouse on your graph (do not select the layer first), you will see legend options, including creating a new color scale (for applicable graphs).

For questions 2 and 3, it would help to see your data. Can you send your OPJ file?

Vince
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

cavaco123

Belgium
7 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  03:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Vince,

Thanks for your fast reply.
Regarding the legend, when I right-click with my mouse on my graph (without selecting the layer first), the legend options are, for some reason, not active. Probably I'm missing something.
In the graph itself, notice that the axis t(min) is a text from datasheet book1.

In attach I send you the original opj file and a jpeg from some ppt adaptation to get more or less what I would like to have (but that still looks bad):

i

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/3d_graph.opj

In the graph, something that is really bugging me is that issue with the values for the color map, but again I just started working with 3d bar graph so I admit that I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Kind regards,

Celso

Edited by - cavaco123 on 02/15/2011 03:38:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

vincenth

30 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Celso,

I have emailed you at cavaco@imec.be ... let me know if this is not your correct address.

Basically, color scale was not well supported for 3D bars in version 8.1. This has been fixed in version 8.5.

Regards,
Vince
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000