The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Differentiate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kolza

3 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  05:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. -Pro 8.1- and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Seven

Hi Origin users,

I'd like to do something a bit special, I'm sure the function exists on that software but I couldn't find it.

I'd like to make a difference between two Y values on a graph using the data in the worksheet and represent it on the graph like an arrow or something else. Or maybe clearer, pointing on the graph two ordinates and have directly the result of Y1-Y2 without having to calculate it by hand. And having it marked by either an colored area or an arrow.

Thanks in advance.

Kolza

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 02/18/2011 :  12:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kolza,

I suppose this kind of graph is what you want.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 02/20/2011 9:07:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kolza

3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  03:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Shirley but it's not what I want, maybe an image would explain it better.

The black curve has three drops and each one has an attached arrow which represents the difference between the plateaux. That's excactly what I would have liked to do with Origin.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 02/18/2011 :  05:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kolza,

Do you mean you want to calculate the distance between two points on Y axis? Please try this tool.

Shirley

Go to Top of Page

Kolza

3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  06:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, that's nearly the tool I expected.

It will help me a lot. Can the data displayed in the window appear directly on the plot like a clik-and-drop text box ?
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 02/21/2011 :  03:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kolza,

This tool doesn't support to add result labels on graph directly. Actually, since Origin 8.5, Origin offers a more appropriate tool, rise time gadget.

In this tool, Fall Range is what you want, please note that From (%) of Step Height and To (%) of Step Height under Fall Range are 10 and 90 by default. To get the full height, please set them as 0 and 100.

Thanks,
Shirley

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 02/21/2011 04:00:03 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000