The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit Function Origin 6 vs 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Heckisack

9 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  09:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

i have a problem concerning Origin Version 6 and 8.

We are using a non-linear function for fitting curves. The formula for this fit looks like this:

if(T>b5+p*b6){
V=(bm1+bm2*(T-(b5)))*(1-0.0894*ln(1+p/(bm3*exp(-bm4*(T-b5)))));
}
else{
V=(bs1+bs2*(T-b5))*(1-0.0894*ln(1+p/(bs3*exp(-bs4*(T-b5)))))+b7*exp(b8*(T-b5)-b9*p);
};

The problem is that this formula, which worked in Origin 6 doesn't work in Origin 8. The fit only process the "if" part of the formula, the "else" part isn't considered.

Does anyone have a idea on how i have to change the formula to make it work with Origin 8?
Your help would be strongly appreciated,

Regards,
Tobias

larry_lan

China
Posted - 02/22/2011 :  04:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What's your function type?

Maybe you can send you FDF file in Origin 6 and a sample dataset to origin technical support?

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Heckisack

9 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  08:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your answer, i was quite busy for the last weeks.
I just sent the Fit-Function and a dataset to the technical support, i hope there is a solution for my problem.
Go to Top of Page

Heckisack

9 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  07:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

i tried to use this formula again (yes, it has been a long time) and i still cn only process the "if" part. Unfortunately i didn't receive an answer the last time i contacted the technical support, maybe someone can help me out? I need to process my data...

Kind regards,
Tobias
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000