The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to insert a "Threshold" plane into 3D surface
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FlorianSchein

4 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  07:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Origin 8.5G, Windows 7 Pro;

Dear Members,

Have managed my previous problems, but now another (pretty basic, I guess) task. I need to insert a border/threshold plane at z- Axis into an existing 3D Kriging Surface..should be relatively easy for you- but I'm a beginner .. Do I have to create a matrix with my xy values and the threshold value as z value and additionally insert that as another layer?(Doesn't really work..) Is there a backdoor tool that I am not aware of?

Thanks for helping!

VincentLiu

China
Posted - 02/24/2011 :  02:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You could follow the steps below to create multiple surfaces in the same graph.

1. Click the D like icon and select Add to create a new matrix Object as the following image screenshot shows. Then click the icon again and select the new created matrix object, highlight it and right click on it to select Set Matrix Values fron the context menu to set he Z values.

2. Click the D like icon and select the 1st matrix object. Then select Plot: 3D Surface: Multiple Colormap Surfaces to create a multiple surfaces graph.

For more details about creating multiple surfaces in a graph, please refer to here.

Vincent
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - VincentLiu on 02/24/2011 02:22:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000