The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Creating multiple graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

testis

1 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  06:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have ~50 files containing spectral data (*.txt files) in two columns. I've managed to import all the data files to Origin through Import Wizard but I would also like to plot them all. So is there an option so that Origin would automatically plot all those files (line plot for example) and I wouldn't have to do it manually one by one.

And after plotting, is there a way how can I easily subract one graph from another so I could see how the spectra has changed.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  12:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can use Plot Setup and select multiple sheets to plot. You can plot from every sheet based on Short Name, Long Name or column position (Index).

This won't happen automatically. You would need to learn some LabTalk to do that. (LabTalk Forum : http://www.originlab.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=10)

You can use Analysis : Mathematics : Simple Curve Math to subtract curves, but not that this process is destructive so you may want to work with copies of your data. Or you can create new columns and use Set Column Values to calculate the differences.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000