The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Acces to Errors after fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Funkiest

1 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  11:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi I'm testing Origin 8.5.
I need the Lorentz-Fit. The built-in Fit has the Information about the height of the peak. It is under the derived parameters.
But i also need the error of H. I can manually calculate these by using propagation of uncertainty. But i want to automate this. I need acces to the errors auf den parameters of the fit. I'm thinking of an equation in the derived paramters like (as Example) H_error = xc_error + w_error

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 03/17/2011 :  06:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Funkiest,

Currently, Origin doesn't support to access the error of function parameters and define such error equation in the derived parameter box of Fitting Function Organizer. So you can't get the H_error automatically.

Actually, we already have the plan to support errors of derived parameters. It will be implemented on future version.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  10:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can add LabTalk script to the "Script After Fitting" part of your fitting function. In the script, which is run after the fit, you can get all parameter values from the report sheet, using the getnlr X-Function, and then compute your desired quantity. Then you can at least output your result to script window for example.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000