The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 import wizard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

brucy

2 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  12:00:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, I'm using Origin 8.5 and I'm trying to get a textfile with values seperated by spaces to be imported so that all the values are in the same column in different rows. But Origin keeps putting each value into it's own column. How do I have to set the import wizard to change this? thanks!

Sam Fang

291 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  11:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems Import Wizard has no such option to transpose.

If all values are in a row in your text file, you can import it into Origin as a row. Then select Worksheet: Transpose to convert it to a column.

If values are in multiple rows in your text file, you can first transpose, then use Labtalk script to merge these columns. Origin8.5.1 which will be released soon provides Stack Columns tool to merge columns.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

brucy

2 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  07:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Transposing did the trick, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

jackross

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  5:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for a hint, I've spent 3 trying to figure it out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000