The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to set some settings as default?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

EigenGoofy

64 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  10:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Ok, I start to post my message by parts

[size=4]Hi! I need to repeat the following action by more than 800 times:

Click "File"->"New"->"Workbook"->"Ok"

Click "Import"->"Multiple ASCII"->add two files->"Ok"

On the popup window, on the Import Mode, select "Start new columns";
On the Delimiter "Space"; On the Long Names select "None"; On the Units select "None".

Delete the column "C".

Add a new column "C";click "Set Column Values" and type "(col(B)+col(D))/ a number". (this number is a integer between 1 to 30)

Write two short numbers respectively on column "B"and column"D".

EigenGoofy

64 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  10:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Following the previous part

Highlight column "A" and column"C", and right click then select "Plot" ->"Line"->"Line".

Delete the title, and add new title on right corner of the figure by clicking "Text Tool", and typing a short title.

Go to Top of Page

EigenGoofy

64 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  10:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Double-clicking the horizontal axis of the figure, set "From 0 to 20", "Increment 5".

Click "Vertical", set "From 0", and "Increment 0.1".

Click "Tile & Format", select "Bottom", set "Title: t(ps)", "Major: in", "Minor: in".

Select "Top", Click "on" to "Show Axis & Tick", set "Major: none" and "Minor: none".

Select "Left", set "Title: KE/N", "Major: in", and "Minor: in".

Select "Right", Click "on" to "Show Axis & Tick", set "Major: none" and "Minor: none".

Click "Ok".
Go to Top of Page

EigenGoofy

64 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  10:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Double-click any curve on the figure, and set "Width = 1.5", click "Ok".

Click "Window", and select "Properties", Type a number on the "Long name", and type a number on the "Short name".

OK! As I said, I have to repeat these actions shown as above for more than 800 times, becuae each time when I start a new "Workbook", all of the settings return to the default settings. Please could anybody tell me that how I can simplified these actions? How can I make some settings default, or personalize my Origin 8.5? Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  10:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by EigenGoofy
OK! As I said, I have to repeat these actions shown as above for more than 800 times, becuae each time when I start a new "Workbook", all of the settings return to the default settings. Please could anybody tell me that how I can simplified these actions? How can I make some settings default, or personalize my Origin 8.5? Thank you very much!

Hi EigenGoofy,

If you are looking for some way to record your actions and the replay them for new files/data, such functionality does not exist.

However, you can achieve what you want by combining a few features such as:
1> customize your import routine, including running script at end of import
2> customize your graph and save it as template, and then make new graph from saved template

You could start with tutorials shipped with the product, to learn more. Also you can watch video tutorials from this page:

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials

In particular, look at these movies:

Import Filter:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/ImportingData&pid=1162

Script after importing:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/ImportingData&pid=1163

Customizing graph:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/CustomizingGraphs&pid=1560

If you need further help, contact tech support directly.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

EigenGoofy

64 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  5:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by easwar

[quote]
Easwar
OriginLab

thank you very much! The filter and template are very useful to my case, which ease part of my workload.

However, I think I need to know labtalk script to completely solve my problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000