The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 One X-Error-Column, Multiple Y-Columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kralle

4 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  10:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hallo there. :)

I guess my problem is simple, but I did not find any solution an google. :/

I have an origin-workbook with folloing columns:

X, X-er, Y, Y-er, Y, Y-er

I want to plot all of these columns into a scatter-plot.
my problem is:
I want origin to use the X-error-column as X-error in my plot... for BOTH Y-columns!

I hope anyone has a solution. :)

Thanks from Germany. :)
Kralle

Kralle

4 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  11:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Another Question:

I activated the Top- and Right-Axis in the plot.
Can I configure Origin to do this on every plot I create?
I tried: right-click on the plots title-bar, "save template as", but when I try to plot some other stuff with this template, there are no colorful dots in the plot, just black lines as data-points. :/
The thing is: I need multiple plots in the same style and I don't want to go to every single plot and activate the top- and right-axis. :(

Edited by - Kralle on 05/20/2011 11:19:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kralle,

For the first issue, I could do the following steps (Assuming you have A(X) B(XErr) C(Y) D(YErr) E(Y) F(YErr)):

1) Highlight A(X) B(XErr) C(Y), and make an XErr plot.
2) Using PlotSetup, add another XErr plot of A(X) B(XErr) E(Y).
3) Using PlotSetup, add YErr plot of A(X) C(Y) D(YErr).
4) Using PlotSetup, add YErr plot of A(X) E(Y) F(YErr).

Hope this works in your situation.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 05/20/2011 2:29:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kralle

4 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hey, thanks. :) this kinda works, but its WAY more complicated than I thought it would be. If I just copy/paste the x-err-column then I get x-error-bars on every Y-plot, but this is somewhat... work-around-style :/

EDIT: forget about the template-problem. I opened a new worksheet, put the same data in, now it works. :D strange.
Still dont know how to deal with the x-err-problem, though :(

Edited by - Kralle on 05/20/2011 6:35:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  4:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi again,

Here is my thought...

If you have designated columns - X, XErr, Y1, YErr1, Y2, YErr2; then no one can tell whether you actually want to plot XErr for both Y1 and Y2, or only for Y1. I think that's the reason Origin provides Plot Setup to make explicit. One possible work-around maybe that you can create designated columns - X, XErr1, Y1, YErr1, XErr2, Y2, YErr2; and using Set Column Values tool, XErr2 column can have the same values to XErr1 as automatic recalculation. Furthermore, you can save this worksheet as a worksheet template (maybe as default).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 05/23/2011 4:35:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kralle

4 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  5:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I saved myself some templates and am just putting
X Y Yer Xer Y2 Y2er Xer Y3 Y3er Xer
now :)

Thanks to everyone! :) Problem solved/worked-around
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000