The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 log-scale axis for special numbers (0-1)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

emma7

2 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  1:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!

I met an problem when I convert the linear Y axis to log-scale one, because I have some data in the region of 0-1, such as 0.2. The data disappeared in the log-scale figure. It seems negative number cannot shown in the figure. Is there anybody who can help me to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  3:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi emma7,

You can rescale the graph (by choosing "Graph: Rescale to Show All" menu, or by pressing corresponding tool button) as no negative values involved here as Origin doesn't change the data when the graph scale is changed.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

emma7

2 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for reply!

That's my problem. I tried to covert my values to logarithmic ones,such as (2, 0.2)--(log2,log0.2), but log0.2 can only be shown in linear axis which is not I want. What can I do if I want to change the data and scales at the same time? I want to see some details clearly in log-scale instead of linear axis.

Appreciate for your help!
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

So you want to convert your data to log, and then also plot that on log scale, and your data has numbers less than 1?

Can you send your data to tech support so we can see what it looks like, as you mentioned you want to see "some details clearly".

Use the "Send File to Tech Support" link on top of this page, and refer to this post in your message.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000