The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exported slides to Powerpoint always animated?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  04:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Win 7, Office 2010

Hi
When I export graphs to Powerpoint (version 2010), all slides are exported with an embedded animation. How to get rid of these animations forever, since there's no option for it in the export dialog?

I couldn't find a way to remove the animations inside Powerpoint since there are no animations listed in the Animation Pane window (still every slide is marked as animated).

Is this a matter of changing the slide template or so?

Thanks

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  11:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi LC,

This must be a setting in your power point. So you need to find the setting and turn it off in your power point.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  03:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi easwar

I tried, but still didn't find how to disable. I'm new to Powerpoint 2010 so I'm not sure I searched in all hidden places, but I did a thorough search and couldn't find yet where to disable the animation. Yet my installation is fresh so I didn't change any of the default settings.

The animations options are empty (like there were no animations at all), and the disturbing thing is that if I go to Slide Show tab -> Set Up Slide Show -> check "Show without animation", the animations are still displayed in slide show mode! Unfortunately I don't have earlier Office versions anymore to check.

Doesn't anyone even reproduce this?
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  2:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We have identified the effect you are seeing. This is a Transition effect - not animation. If you select all the slides in the Slides tab, you can set the transition to None to remove the problem.

I have verified that manual copy and paste and adding a new slide does NOT use any transition, but that programmatically sending graphs to PowerPoint uses Horizontal Blinds transitions for every slide.

The programmers will look into this, but a lot may depend on the information we can get from Microsoft.
Go to Top of Page

Karena

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  12:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Although there is transition (animation) that you may not like, powerpoint as many other settings of transitions for the slideshow that can suit your taste better too. Follow the instructions above and review the alternative transitions, it's amazing what technology can do these days!
Go to Top of Page

LC_

42 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  10:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg!

This Office 2010 is a bummer. I hadn't even noticed there was this "Transition" tab in the ribbon! RIP good old Office XP.

If it would be possible to disable this "feature" during export would be much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000