The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 centering axis labels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 05/30/2011 :  04:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Is there a possibility to tell the axis labels to center at the axis? I cant find such an option. However, such an option would be really helpful to create good-looking graphs. Furthermore, an option to tell the label to be e.g. 5% away from the axis seems to be missing. Is there anything like this to format axis-labels that I couldnt find?

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  04:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe the two options on Custom Tick Labels tab fit you needs?

Go to Top of Page

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 05/30/2011 :  05:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
unfortunately not.

this options are just manupulating the "tick labels". I am talking about the text next to the graph that tells you what value you can see in the graph -- the axis label.

You can move it around manually but there does not seem to be an option to align it next to the graph...

Edited by - DerPionier on 05/30/2011 05:39:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  07:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So maybe you mean axis title?

Following post might help:
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6393
Go to Top of Page

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 05/31/2011 :  04:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, this post helps a little bit, thanks.

Somehow, the design templates do not really work very well but the object toolbar does most of the time.

Strange that there is no way to create a design where all the axis titles are aligned on the axis itsself.....
Go to Top of Page

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 05/31/2011 :  07:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have to correct myself.

I tried to get a design that I can apply so that all graphs look the same. I dont know if I am doing anything wrong or if the designs are just messed up completely by originLab but it is not possible for me to get graphs that all look the same for publication.
For some reason, the line width and font sizes are screwed up completely..

I cant believe that I am the only one having this problem with a programm that shall be used to get "publication-ready" graphs. I just want a feature where I can tell the graphs to all be the same size, with the same font sizes where all the axis labels are centered at the axis, 10pts away from it. Why is that so complicated?

Are there any known bugs in the system design or am I just doing something wrong?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000