The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2D bar plot, color map from 0-1 doesn't display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

macrellis

USA
Posted - 05/31/2011 :  11:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin v7.5 SR6
Operating System: Windows XP, SP3

I am having a problem with color mapping in a 2D bar plot for a dataset showing changes to a parameter with increasing depth, where the parameter values are classed into ranges. (Depth is on the vertical axis, the parameter's concentration is on the horizontal axis).

Initially, everything appears to be correct--the resulting bars are colored in the chart all the way down to zero. However, when I save, close the file, and re-open it, parameter values less than 1 do not display. Everything over 1 is fine.

I’ve tried editing the color mapping ranges to specifically assign a color to the 0-1 numeric range, but that doesn’t fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it solved in one of the newer releases?

Many thanks--
Amy

Stone Environmental, Inc.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  3:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I for one do not understand what the issue is. Best would be to email your project to Tech Support.
Go to Top of Page

macrellis

USA
Posted - 06/01/2011 :  4:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, I will do that and follow up here if we learn anything. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

macrellis

USA
Posted - 06/02/2011 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Turns out that this is a bug in Origin 7.5; it's fixed in version 8.1 and on. Thanks, Tech Support, for your quick response!

Amy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000