The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Java... forgive my ignorance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

heyitsmebenjamin

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  11:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I have a Java program (I wrote) that outputs a text file with a series of "x,y" data points.
How can I call Origin and ask it (nicely) to open Origin and have it fit the data points to the HILL EQUATION (which is an equation pre-defined in the "Advanced Fitting Tool" menu)?

It would be good to either have Origin open "like normal" and have the plotting and fitting done on screen -- or -- to have Origin open "in the background" (not visible on screen) and have Origin 'return' the equation parameters.
Thank you so much!

Ben

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can use Origin as an Automation Server via COM so you would need to add some sort of extension to Java which supports COM in Windows.

The ..\Samples\Automation Server folder has a number of examples. The "Single Peak Fit.xls" example demonstrates sending data to Origin, fitting with a function and returning parameter values.
Go to Top of Page

newuser_ca

70 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  10:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is there any Java library that supports Origin?
Did anybody successfully call Origin from Java?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000