The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exporting from Origin to AI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sfmurphy

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  7:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1
Operating System:Windows

I use a special font from our institution that I can use in both Origin and Adobe Illustrator CS5. However, when I export files from Origin to AI in the .ai format, the font is not recognized in AI and it is converted to Helvetica. How do you keep the font the same?

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  11:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi sfmurphy,

Could you please try the following procedure before exporting your graph to force the font of the text label?

1) Double-click the label to show the blinking cursor inside the label, then highlight all characters.
2) Select the font you wanted by selecting the font name in the dropdown list in the toolbar.
3) Right-click on the label, and choose "Properties" flyout to show the "Object Properties" dialog. Confirm that the font is forced as in the screenshot below.

4) Export the graph, and please observe the exported .AI image in Illustrator.

If the above procedure didn't affect the result, maybe you can send your Origin file to the Tech Support (tech@originLab.com) referring to this post so that our developers can look at it.

Thanks.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 07/08/2011 11:20:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

sfmurphy

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  12:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi,

I tried this- but it the it does not say the font is forced, it just lists the correct font in the properties box.

I'll send it to tech support, thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Hideo Fujii

Hi sfmurphy,

Could you please try the following procedure before exporting your graph to force the font of the text label?

1) Double-click the label to show the blinking cursor inside the label, then highlight all characters.
2) Select the font you wanted by selecting the font name in the dropdown list in the toolbar.
3) Right-click on the label, and choose "Properties" flyout to show the "Object Properties" dialog. Confirm that the font is forced as in the screenshot below.

4) Export the graph, and please observe the exported .AI image in Illustrator.

If the above procedure didn't affect the result, maybe you can send your Origin file to the Tech Support (tech@originLab.com) referring to this post so that our developers can look at it.

Thanks.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/13/2011 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi sfmurphy:

It looks like a bug. We are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000