The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 FFT outputs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mnmnp

Sri Lanka
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  10:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
Can anyone knows to draw the fast Fourier transforms of different wave files in a same graph(using Y offset mtd or any)? I want to represent my analyzed results of wing beat frequencies of mosquitoes in a same graph.
Please help me.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  10:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi mnmnp,

My first suggestion is to use the Layout page which is easy as follows:

1) Press New Layout tool button in Standard toolbar (or choose "File: New" menu, then select "Layout").
2) Choose "Layout: Add Graph" menu. In the Graph Browser, select the graph you want to include in the Layout page.
3) In the Layout window, press-and-drag-diagonally the mouse button to place the graph image. Then, you can move/resize.
4) Repeat 2) and 3) for all graphs you want to include. You can arrange nicely by using CTRL+click to select multiple graph images, and object alignment buttons in the Object Edit toolbar.

Another approach is to use the graph merge by choosing "Graph: Merge Graph Windows" menu. This should also work relatively easy when each original graph has a single layer (such as Frequency vs. Magnitude). When the original graph is multi layered (such as Frequency vs. Amplitude + Phase), then you would need to arrange the layers after merging by e.g., Layer Management tool. This case may take a little bit more time.

I hope my suggestion is helpful.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 07/12/2011 10:47:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  03:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mnmnp

Hi,
Can anyone knows to draw the fast Fourier transforms of different wave files in a same graph(using Y offset mtd or any)? I want to represent my analyzed results of wing beat frequencies of mosquitoes in a same graph.
Please help me.

Hi,

If what you want is to just plot the amplitude/power spectra from multiple fft calculations in one graph, consider the waterfall graph:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Image&pid=155

You can also simply plot multiple Y columns in one layer and assign Y offsets to each curve using multiple methods such as individual, cumulative etc:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/2D&pid=1067

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000