The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Shading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jwrudn

USA
Posted - 08/19/2011 :  3:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 7.5 and
Service Release 6
Operating System: Windows XP

I know how to shade under a curve by using the "Fill Area Under Curve" Button on the Plot Details/Line menu. But is there a simple way to shade between two curves? As shown in the attached example.http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/DilatancyAngle.pdf

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  4:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jwrudn,

I think there is no straightforward way.
Though there may be a smarter way, the combination of a fill area plot and two line plots may be a work-around. The screenshot is a sample, and this was created as follows:

1) Highlight column B and C, and make a Fill Area plot.
2) Open a Plot Setup dialog, and press "Layer1" icon in the lower panel.
3) Choose "Line" plot type in the middle panel. Turn ON the check boxes of column A as X ,and and B as Y in the middle panel. Press Add button to add the line plot.
4) Do the same step of 3) for column A and C.
5) Customize the line width, colors, shade, etc.

In Origin 7.5, as the version doesn't accept multiple plots from the same datasets, you have to create a set of redundant columns, say D and E.

Hope this is helpful.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jwrudn

USA
Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks. Though not as simple as I had hoped, that works.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  2:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Visitors to this thread,

In the Origin version 9.1 or later, the Fill Area plot has the control to the colors of filling and upper/lower borders, and you don't need the work-around I mentioned above.
The control of the fill area color is also available for the confidence/prediction band in the result of curve fitting.

--Hideo Fujii
Originlab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000