The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 DLL for Origin 5.0 compiled with VC5.0++ doesn't work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marko

Germany
112 Posts

Posted - 02/04/1999 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I just tried to rebuild a DLL for Origin with Visual C++ which was originally coded under Borland C++. Well, I was able to get the thing running in some test application which includes the new DLL.

The strange thing which occured was that DUMPBIN shows something like this:
---
ordinal hint name
1 0 ?ABELN@@YAHPAUHWND__@@PAD@Z (00001023)
---
the original dll shows:
---
ordinal hint name
1 0 ABELN (00010146)
---

This already indicated that there will be a problem for Origin to find the appropriate function ABELN.

It looks like I have a problem with my VC++. I am a newbee on this system, so maybe advanced programmers could help me out. The funny thing is that the "?...@@YAKZ@.."-crumbled names in VC++-generated DLLs even occur with the code samples taken from "Visual C++ 5.0" by Kate Gregory.

I think I don't need to mention that Origin certainly didn't find the function ABELN in this DLL...

Any idea?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000