The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Triangle Plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rkeswani

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2011 :  1:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello

I am having a couple of issues with using the triangle plot feature in Origin.
1. I am unable to customize the colormaps to appropriate data points such as for e.g. 0, 100, 200, 300 etc. Whenever, I try to insert a new color entry, it automatically chooses a value as per the data without allowing the user to input.
2. My plot points that are right on the axes of these plots are shown incomplete. So they look smaller than the plot points that are within the grid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Rahul Keswani

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 11/29/2011 :  05:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

For your first question, you can use another column as color mapping to specify the color of each data point.

For your second question, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the data points overlapped with the axis? Can you show me the picture?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

rkeswani

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  2:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

thanks for taking the time to answer my query. I think I might have asked my questions in a confusing manner. Let me rephrase them.

1. as seen in the picture below, the legend of this plot has different levels at which the color changes like 0.000, 145.6, 291.3 etc... I want them to be better numbers such as 0, 100, 200, 300 etc. When I try to delete these color levels and insert a new one, there is no option for the user to enter their own color levels. The program chooses the levels automatically as per the input data. I dont mind this but I have 4 other plots like these and all of them have different color levels which makes it confusing for the end user to understand them.

2. As you can see in the plot below, the data points that are on the axes are incomplete spheres. I am unable to find an option to allow the data point to be displayed whole.

Thanks again,

Rahul Keswani
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 12/02/2011 :  01:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for sharing me the details.

For the first problem, Origin has a tab to control the colormap. Both the color level, individual color and level value can be edited.

In your case, you can edit the colormap in one graph firstly, and then copy and paste the colormap theme to other graphs.

For second problem, there is a option in the display tab to show the points outside triangle or overlapped by axis.

Thanks,
Shirley

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 12/02/2011 01:47:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

rkeswani

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

Thanks a lot. Your 1st reply was spot on. I have got it working.
Regarding the 2nd reply, when I choose that option, all my plot points just disappear. Is there something obvious I am missing here?

Regards,

Rahul Keswani
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 12/05/2011 :  01:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rahul,

Sorry, I am not sure why the data points disappeared in this case. Would you please contact us and send us your project according to this page?

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support&pid=752

Thanks,
Shirley

Go to Top of Page

rkeswani

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  1:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks Shirley for your time.
I have sent the file through the general contact form.

regards,

Rahul Keswani
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000