The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin Viewer - "Portable" version?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

St-Ranger

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2011 :  3:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear Origin Team:

If you want to make it useful for people, - please release a truly portable version of Origin Viewer.
Yes, you say that one can copy the files, and they might work...
but only after you installed them on one computer.
Why? Why creating all the pain? Why do I need an extra junk in my computer's registries? That's disrespectful of the users!

quote:

Q: Can I copy the Viewer to a USB stick together with my OPJ files and show them to people even though they haven't installed the Viewer on their machines?

A: Yes, in most cases. This is similar to running the Viewer from a remote drive. More details, including some limitations, are available in the Readme.TXT file accessible from the Help menu of the Viewer application.

Why not have that information available in (or linked from) the FAQ?

I thought about using the Viewer while teaching, on a class computer where I don't have permissions to run installs. And the students could use it on a library/lab computer that doesn't allow installs either. But I don't have time to waste, and a spare computer to install bloatware.

This is a bit too frustrating...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000