The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Multi layer plot from Labtalk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
a.abc.b35 Posted - 11/05/2015 : 3:26:14 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5
Operating System: Win 7

Hi experts,
I need your help again, this time using Labtalk.

I have 100 worksheets, each with 1 X column and 32 Y columns. I would like to create a labtlak script to do the following:
  • Plot 1 column of the data in log scale and 3 columns in linear scale in a single plot where the X-axes is linked but the Y-axes are not
  • The absolute values are different for each columns, so I would like to have a plot which you can get if the data are plotted as 4 different plots and then overlay on top of each other
  • I can do this by manually creating the 4 plots (3 linear scale, 1 log scale) and then overlaying them using the Merge button
  • But this way I end up with 4 unwanted plots and also it will take me ages to do this on all the worksheets!
  • The x-scale should be linked for all the 4 plots (that is same for all), but I would like to have a labtalk one linear for changing the x-axis range (layer -a does autoscale but I want to have the ability to control the x-axis range so that by a single command I can change the x-range on all the plots)
  • Also, I would like to have the 4 plots grouped in line plot of thickness 2, with colors, say, black, red, royal, olive;
  • Ability to switch off the major and minor ticks from the y-axis of all the plots after overlay
  • Ability to remove the major labels from all the plots after overlay

Would someone please be able to help me soon with this?
Thanks,
AB

AB
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a.abc.b35 Posted - 11/06/2015 : 2:32:59 PM
Found it...

plotxy iy:=[Book1]Sheet1!((1,3),(1,4),(1,11),(1,23)) plot:=200

AB
a.abc.b35 Posted - 11/06/2015 : 2:16:11 PM
For Plotting X YY data, I can use
plotxy iy:=[Book1]Sheet1!(1,2:3) plot:=200;

But what if I want to plot X YYYY with col 1 as X and say columns 3, 4, 11, 23 as Y?

AB
a.abc.b35 Posted - 11/06/2015 : 2:05:22 PM
Hi Jason,
Thank you for the quick reply. I may have found a solution at:

If I still can not get this right, I will send an email to the tech support with a smaller subset of the data as you mentioned.
Thanks again,
AB

AB
jasonzhao Posted - 11/05/2015 : 10:42:28 PM
Hello,

It's better to send a sample OPJ (could be a smaller one and contains only a part of data) to tech@originlab.com.
So we can better understand your design on this 4 panel graph.

Best regards!
Jason
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000