The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 GraphObject GROT_LINE link to graph.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dkudlay Posted - 11/17/2009 : 4:06:47 PM
I have a modified contour chart gid 149. In it there are line objects on the main plot which are connected to a step line graph per line. I want to be able to generate such lines and attach them to the step line graph programaticaly. I already load my data and populate the main contour plot, but I can't find sample code or anywhere that talks about how to generate GROT_LINE objects. (The one example code on Connecting GraphObjects is grossly inadequate for my needs).

Thank you.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
starman2049 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 2:02:02 PM
I am doing similiar work and have successfully added a vertical line to a chart/layer.

I notice that I can drag the vertical line off the left or right edge of the chart. is there a preferred way of limiting movement of the line to the bounds of the chart?
Iris_Bai Posted - 11/19/2009 : 04:31:55 AM
Hi,

I added a example shows how to add Line graph object to graph window, and how to set line color, width, attach mode, position and event script.

Iris
dkudlay Posted - 11/18/2009 : 2:03:31 PM
I am trying to programatically recreate plot row 5 col 2 at
http://www.originlab.com/www/products/graphgallery.aspx?s=8&lm=215

As you can see in the graph, there are 2 cross line objects on the main plot that are reflected in 2 scatter/line graphs on the sides and top. When I save the template OTP, and then load my data and apply the template, I only have 1 worksheet of data, and that is reflected in the main contour graph, but none of the other plot features are applied, I want to know why not, and how I can generate and apply those lines since they are obviously not saved as part of the OTP.
fisher_zhang Posted - 11/17/2009 : 10:28:34 PM
Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean, do you mean you want to know the x/y coordinates of a contour line?
Iris_Bai Posted - 11/17/2009 : 8:52:48 PM
Hi,

There are some GraphObject examples in GraphObject Examples

Iris
dkudlay Posted - 11/17/2009 : 7:12:07 PM
I did more investigation, I found that these types have a x/y and dx/dy, A lot of tutorials use these to extract data from one graph and place it in another (aka zoom function). To be more accurate, I am looking for a way to programaticaly autolink this sort of functionality, if possible at all. Unless all these effects are done by actually creating another worksheet/matrix using the x/y coordinates of the object. Has anyone done anything like that?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000