The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Defining Z-Axis Range and Intervals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
greigcs Posted - 12/16/2011 : 09:40:57 AM
Hi,

I have just started using Origin and am having trouble plotting 3 dimensional graphs. The thing is, I only have data in two dimensions and I want to plot 200+ spectra with a z-axis of defined values. In this case this z-axis corresponds to temperature. However, when I plot the data, since there is actually no z-axis values on the raw data, the program makes up its own scale. (Obsiously I do not want to input my own z-axis data points for 200+ spectra per figure).

I would like the ability to define my scale. e.g. from 25-550 degrees C with 2.5 degree C intervals between each spectrum. So far I have not managed to find how this is done.

Any help would be much appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 12/16/2011 : 3:56:49 PM
Hi greigcs,

Maybe you can try to make a Waterfall graph, shown the samples at: (You can enlarge the sample in this page by clicking a thumb nail)

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Waterfall

You can make a waterfall plot from a worksheet arranged in XYYY... or XYXYXY... designations.

Also, you can try the sample waterfall project from "File: Open Sample OPJ" menu, and choose "3D and Contour" tab.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000