The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scale and circle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FORTEN Posted - 03/25/2002 : 09:23:28 AM
I’m a new user of Origin and have some smaller problems.
How do I change the scale? If I want 5 cm to equal 5 units on the X-axis and 5 cm to equal 10 units on the y-axis?

Can I ad a circle with a certain centre and radius?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Buess Posted - 04/08/2002 : 08:54:55 AM
Draw circle: Go to View | Toolbars and make sure that Tools is checked. Click the circle button, click anywhere on the plot, move the mouse cursor a bit and release.

Script commands: enter them in the script window. I made a mistake in my earlier post: the actual commands for the circle size are...

circle.dx=diameter;
circle.dy=diameter;

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 04/08/2002 12:27:15
FORTEN Posted - 04/08/2002 : 02:58:49 AM
How do I find the toolbox to put in the script for the circle ?
Laurie Posted - 04/04/2002 : 10:31:32 AM
quote:

How do I change the scale? If I want 5 cm to equal 5 units on the X-axis and 5 cm to equal 10 units on the y-axis?

The actual length of the axes is determined by the Layer Area settings on the Size/Speed tab of the Layer Properties dialog. Select Format:Layer (you can also right-click on the layer icon in the upper left-hand corner of the graph and choose Layer Properties from the shortcut menus) and then make the Size/Speed tab active. You can set the units to cm and then modify the width and height values.

OriginLab Technical Support
Mike Buess Posted - 03/25/2002 : 12:06:10 PM
quote:
Assuming that your X and Y values are in cm, go to Format | Axes | Y Axis | Tick Labels and set the Divide by Factor to 0.5. Or use this labtalk command...

layer.y.divideby=0.5;
quote:
Can I ad a circle with a certain centre and radius?
Create a circle anywhere on the plot using the Toolbox. Then use the following script...

circle.x=x coord. of center position;
circle.y=y coord. of center position;
circle.dx=radius;
circle.dy=radius;

If your X and Y axis scales are different you might need to fiddle with the dx and dy values in order to keep it circular. I hope that helps.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000