The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Wavelet scale to frequency

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misi2096 Posted - 12/16/2012 : 1:11:29 PM
Hello!

I want to analyze the time-frequency domain of evoked potential oscillations from EEG data with continuous wavelet transform. More specifically I would like to plot it like time (basically timepoints) on X-axis and frequency (pseudo-frequency) in Hz on Y-axis.

Can you tell me how to convert Morlet wavelet scales to frequencies? According to MATLAB documentation I would have to know the central frequency (sometimes referred to as center freq.) of the Morlet wavelet to be able to compute the pseudo-frequencies table.
MATLAB states, that the formula is: ps.F = centr.F / ( scale * sampl.period) and for MATLAB's built in Morlet wavelet it states central frequency as 0.8125.

Here you can see the mismatch:

I've read the English documentation but I still don't understand what the "Wave number" parameter stands for when using Morlet wavelets. Does it have something to do with the desired central frequency?

Thank you in advance!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 04/21/2015 : 10:24:14 AM
For visitors to this thread,

The above link in Penn's post has been changed to:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Continuous-WaveTrans

Penn Posted - 12/17/2012 : 05:03:10 AM
Hi,

You can refer to this page for more details about the wave number.

Penn
misi2096 Posted - 12/17/2012 : 02:30:54 AM
I see, but can you tell me what the Wave number parameter stands for in the Analysis -> Signal processing -> Wavelet -> Continuous wavelet window when using Morlet wavelet? It is mentioned here also: http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/programming/mergedProjects/X-Function/X-Function/Cwt.html#Variables

Or can you tell me where did you implant the continuous wavelet analysis feature?

Thank you in advance!
Penn Posted - 12/17/2012 : 02:11:16 AM
Hi,

Currently, Origin 9.0 SR1 (or earlier version) does not provide the way to generate the pseudo-frequencies from scales. However, there is already a plan (ID is ORG-5373) to add support for such functionality.

Penn
misi2096 Posted - 12/16/2012 : 1:14:44 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention, sampling frequency is 5000 Hz therefore sampling period is 1/5000 = 0.0002

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000