The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Statistics for N samples in column

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Donyck1 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 08:16:58 AM
Hello everybody.

I have a task for Column J which consists of 2000 samples to record in another column the variance of each subsequent 100 values(it`s mean 20 values). In my case, I had to do it manually by changing in the top the range of the calculation. Like from 1 to 1, next 2 to 2 and so on.
Is it possible to set the number of values in the series and to do automatic calculation of variance values?
Thank you.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donyck1 Posted - 04/11/2013 : 12:17:28 PM
I had the idea to break up 20 columns and take the statistics in the columns. Everything is much easier.
Thanks a lot, it works.
matthew@originlab.com Posted - 04/11/2013 : 11:47:48 AM
Hi,

One way of doing this would be to create a new column and use set column values to fill it with:
(int((i-1)/100)+1)
This should create a column which counts from 1 to 20, you can then right click on the column you want to analyze (column J) and select Statistics on Column.

In the dialog box you will want to be sure that column J is listed as the Data Range, and that the new column counting from 1 to 20 is your Grouping Range. Under Quantities to Compute, you will want to be sure Variance is checked, along with any other measures you with to compute.

If you click OK this will create 2 new worksheets containing the results. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Matthew
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000