The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 wildcards for ODCB import

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carsten Posted - 07/03/2002 : 09:48:01 AM
Is it possible to use wildcards (*,?) when import data via ODBC import method? That is, importing all ABC* records what'ever the fourth letter is.

Thanks for helping
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carsten Posted - 07/22/2002 : 02:26:16 AM
Thanks Helge for your assistant. As you already described with the work around this is the way i do/did it. However it will be more efficient to do this from within Origin. The extension of including wildcards for ODCB import into Origin is greatly appreciate.

Carsten
H.Steen Posted - 07/20/2002 : 08:39:12 AM
Thanks for the update, while you are waiting for the update try the following : It might be possible, to write a query in the database application using a wildcard and select this query as the table source in Origin. It works from Access, but I am not sure if it works from all other database applications.(Remember that in Access you use the * as wildcards and not the ODBC equivalent %).

Helge
larry Posted - 07/18/2002 : 11:28:19 AM
Hi,

The ODBC import does not support query with wildcard currentlly. Actually, it only supports =, > and < as operators in the where clause.
The wildcard query support has been considered and will be added soon. the wildcard will be using "%".

Larry

Edited by - larry on 07/18/2002 11:29:17 AM
carsten Posted - 07/10/2002 : 01:31:39 AM
I've tried this character (%) as a wildcard but it does not work. Also, I tried (?) without any success. Is the syntax ( the way to do this and type of character ) determined by Origin or is it determined by Origin?

Carsten
H.Steen Posted - 07/05/2002 : 4:28:38 PM
I am using ODBC from another program, but I think the ODBC syntax should be the same: Use % as you use * in your example, please note that you can also include text after the %-character (example ABCD%KLM will search all strings starting with ABCD and ending with KLM, in between there can be zero,one or several characters.) I am not sure if there is some equivalent to the ? – search option (except for my example above that will return all results of ABCD?KLM, however it will also return the string ABCDXXKLM so it is not the same) .

Helge

PS. The % is a special character in LabTalk so I am note sure how the syntax should be in a program (if ODBC works from LabTalk, of course)
DS.

Edited by - H.Steen on 07/05/2002 16:33:13

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000