The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Loading MOCA dll fails with Windows NT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marko Posted - 07/15/2002 : 07:59:29 AM
Hi,

I coded a MOCA dll object under W2k. Everything works fine by now, but when I try to use this dll under Windows NT I get the following message from Origin as soon as I try to use the defined MOCA object:

Load Library Failed:
Error 182
Das Betriebssystem kann %1 nicht ausfuehren.
(The operating system can't execute %1.)

First, it looks like that the %1 is a placeholder which wasn't properly substituted by the objects name. Secondly I don't understand why it doesn't work, since under W2k it's working without problems.

So I recompiled everything on the WNT computer, but it's exactly the same game...

Any idea?

Marko

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marko Posted - 07/17/2002 : 03:29:54 AM
Hi eparent,

I see, so it looks like my assumption seems to be quite right that the "%1" in the error message is indeed a origin placeholder for something!

Anyway, I am happy that it works now. Home-made problem solved, eventually. Luckyly.

Marko

eparent Posted - 07/16/2002 : 11:54:25 AM
You are welcome. I'm not sure what I did in this case, but I'm glad the problem is resolved.

Also, just so you know, the error message is from Origin. Origin is simply reporting what Windows returns when a DLL fails to load with the LoadLibrary API call.

marko Posted - 07/16/2002 : 09:27:58 AM
Thanks again, eparent!

You pointed me in the right direction once again! ;)

I made a MAJOR ERROR! I still had old VC++ 5.0 dlls in the Origin directory, though I upgraded to VC++ 6.0 recently.

I forgot to throw them out of the origin install directory. Actually I shouldn't need those files at all there. Now I learned that they should be better copied to directory \winnt\system32, which works fine now.

Marko

marko Posted - 07/16/2002 : 05:04:45 AM
hi eparent,

it's based on the moca example from origin!
I wasn't aware that this error message comes from Windows. I thought it's Origin-specific. Well, looks like the ordinal 70 which was used by default in the moca example gives WNT headache!??

# content of def file
LIBRARY "TEK7000"
DESCRIPTION 'TEK7000 Windows Dynamic Link Library'

EXPORTS
MocaEntry @70

What do you think?

Marko

eparent Posted - 07/15/2002 : 10:11:05 AM
According to Microsoft documentation error 182 means ERROR_INVALID_ORDINAL "The operating system cannot run %1."

Did you create the MOCA DLL project from scratch or is this based on a MOCA example that came with Origin?

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000