The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Y offsets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EasyE Posted - 08/07/2014 : 10:15:19 AM
Origin Ver 7.5
Service Release SR6
Operating System: Windows 7

I want Y-offset, 2 dimension plot. I have 4 pairs of x,y data sets that I need to show in same plot with a simple Y offset. I have tried waterfall but I can't get access to offset of individual lines, nor which one stays on bottom, second up, etc. Other than the y offset I need to control which data set is where in Y axis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 08/07/2014 : 12:48:31 PM
Hi EasyE,

We don't want you to feel you have to be stuck for life with 7.5.

Please send an email to tech@originlab.com so we can discuss the upgrade options and discounts for you separately.

Sincerely,
Snow

EasyE Posted - 08/07/2014 : 11:46:18 AM
Hey snowli. If upgrades where cheap I would do it but I seem to be stuck for life with Origin 7.5.

Your solution worked great and was easy to implement. Thanks you for your help.

Cheers,

EasyE

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

With Graph window active, choose Analysis: Translate: Vertical.
And even the Translate tool is improved in later versions:)

Also don't forget to do Rescale to Show all after translation.

Thanks, Snow

snowli Posted - 08/07/2014 : 11:33:44 AM
Hello,

With Graph window active, choose Analysis: Translate: Vertical.
And even the Translate tool is improved in later versions:)

Also don't forget to do Rescale to Show all after translation.

Thanks, Snow

EasyE Posted - 08/07/2014 : 11:27:30 AM
Dear snowli. We are getting somewhere with your help. I can duplicate the data sheet so I am okay with changing Y values. Where is the Vertical Translation tool? Thanks.

quote:

I didn't find easy way in 7.5 and it's so easy to do in later versions. That's why I recommended later versions.

In 7.5, if you don't want Y values change in worksheet, I suppose you can plot Stacked plot so each Y is in a different layer. Then do layer manipulation to move layers around to show the effect of offset. You can delete X and Y axis so they looks like in same layer. But then you can't really control the offset.

If you are OK with Y values changed in worksheet, you can plot all data as line plots.
Then activate the curve you want to move up. And use Vertical Translate. But that will change the Y value in the worksheet.

Thanks, Snow

snowli Posted - 08/07/2014 : 11:22:51 AM
I didn't find easy way in 7.5 and it's so easy to do in later versions. That's why I recommended later versions.

In 7.5, if you don't want Y values change in worksheet, I suppose you can plot Stacked plot so each Y is in a different layer. Then do layer manipulation to move layers around to show the effect of offset. You can delete X and Y axis so they looks like in same layer. But then you can't really control the offset.

If you are OK with Y values changed in worksheet, you can plot all data as line plots.
Then activate the curve you want to move up. And use Vertical Translate. But that will change the Y value in the worksheet.

Thanks, Snow
EasyE Posted - 08/07/2014 : 11:01:30 AM
Dear snowli. I have version 7.5 not 9.1. Thanks for pointing out that new version have y-offset options. My question however is, how to do it in version 7.5.

quote:

Hello,

We have added Stacked lines by Y-offset in later versions. See the 2nd graph in the 1st row.

http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Line/Symbol

And you can set the Offset mode to be Individual to specify the offset of each curve.

Also you can drag in curve to adjust the offset. Here is a video to show how to do it.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=2135

Thanks, Snow

snowli Posted - 08/07/2014 : 10:48:46 AM
Hello,

We have added Stacked lines by Y-offset in later versions. See the 2nd graph in the 1st row.

http://originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Line/Symbol

And you can set the Offset mode to be Individual to specify the offset of each curve.

Also you can drag in curve to adjust the offset. Here is a video to show how to do it.
http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=2135

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000