The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 color fill plot without interpolation possible?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sia Posted - 08/26/2014 : 10:04:41 AM
Hello,

is there a possibility to make a color fill (3D) plot without interpolating? I would like to see only the real values of my data in the plot, but cannot find out how.

Many thanks!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sia Posted - 08/27/2014 : 11:27:47 AM
If I go to Plot Datails --> Click on Fill --> new window opens:
"color generation with interpolation". It's not an option that I could change.

sia Posted - 08/27/2014 : 11:20:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by greg

If you plot directly from XYZ or use Direct to Matrix conversion there is no interpolation. If you convert worksheet data to a matrix using any of the non-regular methods there will always be interpolation.
Fill piece by piece or colormap only affects the surface coloration.

thank you dear Greg,

How can I fill piece by piece? I don't see that option. I use OriginLab 9.1 .

Well, I am talking about surface coloration: that seems to me to be interpolated.

I plot "color fill" directly from XYZ. Then I set levels from 0 to hundred. I am sure there is an interpolation in the coloration: I see even values equal to -1 (these are values which are not interesting for us). Color fill displays some wrong values in the neighboring fields close to zero. My smallest values however is 27! And I see much more points than my data would allow.

I would like to see the values of my data only. I do it now with scatter bar, which works. I think Origin Colormap is more elegant.

sia Posted - 08/27/2014 : 11:05:47 AM
thank you dear Zheng,

for now, I am working with scatter bar. It works, but I would prefer color fill.

Now I tried to find the set mentioned by you, but didn't find those options. I tried it from my "color fill" and "3D bar"; then plot details and fill. I don't see the rest (Front Surface to be Fill piece by piece)
greg Posted - 08/27/2014 : 11:00:09 AM
If you plot directly from XYZ or use Direct to Matrix conversion there is no interpolation. If you convert worksheet data to a matrix using any of the non-regular methods there will always be interpolation.
Fill piece by piece or colormap only affects the surface coloration.
lkb0221 Posted - 08/27/2014 : 10:47:07 AM
Hi,

Then how about set: Plot Detials dialog, Fill tab, Front Surface to be Fill piece by piece?
Sorry I missed this before.

Zheng
OriginLab
sia Posted - 08/27/2014 : 07:11:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lkb0221

How about plot your data as 3D bar instead of surface?
With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab

Unfortunately, it doesn't work well for my purpose.
sia Posted - 08/26/2014 : 3:01:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by lkb0221

Hi,

With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab

thank you very much for the fast answering, Zheng. That could indeed be an option, if it is possible to set maximum and minimum values which I want to display. I will try it out tomorrow, since I have no Origin at home.

However, I think color map would be better for my purpose. So, if any one is knowing a way, I would be very thankful.
lkb0221 Posted - 08/26/2014 : 2:45:10 PM
Hi,

With bar width be 100%.

Zheng
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000