The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 QQ plots for many columns at a time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cibic Posted - 09/09/2014 : 07:22:52 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1 b215
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Hi, I am getting frustrated with automating the task of constructing QQ plots as I have to do it on 63 columns for 6 sheets. I have tried the following:
(The obvious), in input range select all the columns of interest (added as individual columns separated by commas) -> no support, dialogue window insists of using one column.
Batch plotting on new column -> option disabled! (copy among sheets works)
Batch processing -> followed video tutorials, instructions, could never get this to work.
Looked deep in the plot_prob.xfc function but cannot find how to enable multi-column entry (not an expert in labtalk or origin C).

From my understanding there needs to be calculations of plotting then create the graph - why is this so hard to automate on multiple columns?

I do not want to get other software such as XLSTAT to do this, Origin does it fine just stupidly enough one column at time!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cibic Posted - 09/20/2014 : 08:45:20 AM
Hi greg,

This has worked for the recalculation but the batch plotting copies the first graph only for the same number of columns present in master worksheet (?). After a quick check I have verified the recalculations do occur on each column (with different names and values within). Any ideas on how to batch plot using the different sheets produced from auto-recalculation on all columns?

Thanking you in advance!
cibic Posted - 09/09/2014 : 4:08:31 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply!
greg Posted - 09/09/2014 : 2:12:53 PM
You will have to do the QQPlot once for each sheet, but it's pretty simple to replicate from there.

Here's what to do:
Select the first column of data and choose Plot : Statistics : Q-Q Plot.
( A results sheet and a graph are created. )
Got to the results sheet and click the green lock in the upper left.
Choose Repeat this for all Y columns.
( The analysis is repeated for the remaining Y columns, but graphs are not. )
Go to the Graph window of the first Q-Q Plot.
Right click on the edge of the graph and choose "Duplicate (Batch Plotting) : Duplicate with New Sheets/Books".
Select your additional columns. (The original column is excluded from the list.)
Click OK.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000