The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Xbar SPC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
prithahait2 Posted - 03/15/2016 : 6:33:34 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2016
Operating System:Windows 7

Hi,
The Xbar plot requires a minimum of 2 data points in a subgroup to provide a LCL and UCL. Is there an automatic way to plot individual data points and get the LCL and UCL? I am trying to modify the Xbar and R plot types but am not able to.

Thanks!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/16/2016 : 11:09:05 PM
Hi,

You can use the Statistic Gadget, http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Gadget-Statistics

In the ROI Box tab, check the Show Standard Deviation Lines check box and set Multiple of SD to 3.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
prithahait2 Posted - 03/16/2016 : 12:16:37 PM
Hi Shirley,
I am trying to get the LCL and UCL for the entire set: as in for all individual values in the data set.
It would be calculated as LCL= Xmean - 3*SD, UCL= Xmean +3*SD where Xmean and SD would be for the entire data set.

Bottomline, I want to figure out a way to automatically calculate Xmean, SD, UCL and LCL for all data not just within a sub-group.

Is this something that can be generated using Origin?
Or is there a help line I can call?
Shirley_GZ Posted - 03/16/2016 : 03:09:45 AM
Hi,

Yes, according to the algorithm, the QC(X bar R) chart requires at least two data points for a subgroup. Can you tell me why you want to plot individual data points and get the LCL and UCL? Because, as I understand it, if there is only one data point in a subgroup, you can’t get the mean and SD of the subgroups.Then how can you get the LCL and UCL?

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000