The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Keeping scale of the y axis in inset diagram

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leawob Posted - 06/24/2016 : 08:01:43 AM
Hi!

I want to create a graph where above my main data I want to display a second curve, which indicates how my sample was stimulated (same x axis, different y axis). I want this curve to be considerably smaller than the main curve, so I went to the Layer Properties Window and under the Size/Speed tab I set the height to about 20%. But when I do this, the y axis gets shrunk as well resulting in really tiny labels and ticks. I can manually increase the font size and the size of the ticks and so on to match the y axis of the curve in the other layer, but it's a lot of trial and error and eyeballing. Is there a way where I can just shrink the plot and the length of the y axis but keep the y axis labels and ticks at the same size?

Cheers

Lea

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 9.0.0 (32-bit) SR2
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leawob Posted - 06/24/2016 : 10:08:20 AM
Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for.
meili_yang Posted - 06/24/2016 : 09:57:34 AM
Hi Leawob,

There is a setting to fix scale factor. If fix to 1 then things on axes won't scale with layer size and always plot as actual size.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000