The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 4D Plot-3D Surface+ColourMap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shafqat Posted - 07/07/2017 : 09:09:25 AM
Origin Ver.9 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows
Dear All
I have a 4D data. I want to plot a 3D surface coloured map with the fourth column. I know some of this has been discussed before, but it really does not solve my problem. I have following issues
1> If I plot my 3D (First three columns X, Y, Z) I get a triangular surface coloured mapped with the 3rd column. I do not want to colour map it with the third column but I want to keep the shape of the 3D data (a triangular surface). When I convert the 3D data into a matrix I get a rectangular surface which is not a true representation of my data, but I can then colour map it with the fourth column data (by converting it into the matrix). So the problem is how can I keep the shape and colour map it with the fourth column?
2> Is it really necessary to convert my 4D data into matrices to plot a coloured map surface? Can I plot 3D surface (from first three columns and colour map it with fourth without converting anything into matrices.)
Thanks in advance,
Shafqat
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
arstern Posted - 07/07/2017 : 11:46:40 AM
Hi Shafqat,

Thank you for your post. In our upcoming release of Origin 2018(9.5) we will be adding this feature where you can plot a 3D Colormap with 4D data within a worksheet. In this feature you will be able to customize the color fill according to a column filled data in the plot details dialog box. Origin 2018 will be released around Mid-Fall 2017.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000