The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 4D Plot-3D Surface+ColourMap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

shafqat

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  09:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.9 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows
Dear All
I have a 4D data. I want to plot a 3D surface coloured map with the fourth column. I know some of this has been discussed before, but it really does not solve my problem. I have following issues
1> If I plot my 3D (First three columns X, Y, Z) I get a triangular surface coloured mapped with the 3rd column. I do not want to colour map it with the third column but I want to keep the shape of the 3D data (a triangular surface). When I convert the 3D data into a matrix I get a rectangular surface which is not a true representation of my data, but I can then colour map it with the fourth column data (by converting it into the matrix). So the problem is how can I keep the shape and colour map it with the fourth column?
2> Is it really necessary to convert my 4D data into matrices to plot a coloured map surface? Can I plot 3D surface (from first three columns and colour map it with fourth without converting anything into matrices.)
Thanks in advance,
Shafqat

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2017 :  11:46:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shafqat,

Thank you for your post. In our upcoming release of Origin 2018(9.5) we will be adding this feature where you can plot a 3D Colormap with 4D data within a worksheet. In this feature you will be able to customize the color fill according to a column filled data in the plot details dialog box. Origin 2018 will be released around Mid-Fall 2017.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000