The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 ternary and 3D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curioz Posted - 12/21/2004 : 06:05:09 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):6.1
Operating System: windows 2000
How can I plot a ternary and 3D graph ? (not only tenary, not only 3D). It is useful for plotting ternary phase diagrams
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
UKrieger Posted - 11/08/2007 : 06:44:41 AM
I just want to take the opportunity to strongly support the urge of CTucker for a further development of the ternary plot to a 4D ternary plot.

It would be a unique property of Origin of help for users of different communities.

quote:

Have there been any further developments in this area?

It would be a hugely beneficial tool if I could graph solubility data for ternary solvent mixtures (with concentration on a z-axis), which would result in a 4D ternary plot (data plotted in a trigonal prism).

The work-around of using variable-size/shape/color points on a traditional ternary plot is confusing due to the obscuring of data caused by overlapping points.

Thanks for any help/advice you could provide.

CTucker Posted - 08/10/2007 : 11:49:31 AM
Have there been any further developments in this area?

It would be a hugely beneficial tool if I could graph solubility data for ternary solvent mixtures (with concentration on a z-axis), which would result in a 4D ternary plot (data plotted in a trigonal prism).

The work-around of using variable-size/shape/color points on a traditional ternary plot is confusing due to the obscuring of data caused by overlapping points.

Thanks for any help/advice you could provide.
fzimnoch Posted - 12/23/2004 : 10:20:26 AM
Hello Curioz:

You can control Symbol Size, Symbol Fill Color, Symbol Shape, Symbol Interior so as to add additional “dimensions” to your plot.
In Plot Details dialog box you can add a specific worksheet column with values to control the amount of a property such as Symbol Size, Symbol Fill Color, Symbol Shape, Symbol Interior. So in the Plot Details dialog box the Symbol Size pull down, the Indexing, Direct RGB and Color Mapping under Symbol Color, along with Shape and Interior pull downs when Show Constructions is checked allow the user to select a worksheet column to control the property. These properties can add physically significant information to the graphical presentation of data.

Fred, Tech Support
carsten Posted - 12/23/2004 : 03:57:19 AM
Hi Curioz,

a certain "4D" plot is already possible: in addition to the standard ternary plot you can "dye" your data choosing symbol color: color mapping. This color mapping is assigned to a specific column (i.e temperature values).
This feature gives you the opportunity to add a fourth dimension to the ternary plot.

Carsten
fzimnoch Posted - 12/22/2004 : 2:59:38 PM
Hello Curioz,

A 4D ternary plot is a feature requested for Origin. It would look like a standard ternary plot but would have an additional vertical axis for a fourth variable to be dsipalyed as a surface.

Is this what you want?

Fred, Tech Support
curioz Posted - 12/22/2004 : 04:22:20 AM
Thank you.
Really my problem is another. I need to plot a 3D graph, with a normal z, unchanged, but instead of having X and Y I want a ternary, a triangle. It's a bit difficult to explain, anyway I think it cannot be done by Origin
Mike Posted - 12/21/2004 : 09:54:58 AM
Hi curioz,

I'm not sure that I understand your question, but see if this helps you: http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3203

Mike
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000