The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using digitizer for contour plots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Surendra2015 Posted - 11/01/2017 : 3:08:20 PM
Hello all,

I am using digitizer to extract the data plots from contour image. After setting the pixel to axis value, I have chosen area auto trace option and selected an area. But the picked data result shows only one set of values. Please provide your inputs on how I can extract the datapoint from the complete area.

Thanks

Surendra Anantharaman
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 11/07/2017 : 3:44:07 PM
If you confine your digitizing to individual contour lines with a known Z value, you can add a third (Z) column to the worksheet which you can fill with that Z value.
Once you have done so for all contour lines, you can concatenate all results into one XYZ worksheet which can be plotted directly or converted to a matrix by Worksheet \ Convert to Matrix \ XYZ Griddintg. The two methods have slightly different algorithms and their graphs show those differences.

There is no hope!
(But I may be wrong.)
Surendra2015 Posted - 11/02/2017 : 05:34:38 AM
Hi Yuki,

I also realized the same. Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Regards,
Surendra
yuki_wu Posted - 11/02/2017 : 05:06:36 AM
Hi Surendra,

For now, digitizer tool only supports digitizing in 2D Cartesian, polar and ternary coordinate systems. Contour graphs is a type of 3D surface graph, so we cannot digitize the data from contour graph by digitizer tool.

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
Surendra2015 Posted - 11/02/2017 : 04:04:52 AM
Hi Yuki,

Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed, I have followed this step.

Actually, the image has three axes (X,Y and Z). The picked data points are shown as X and Y columns and not as a Matrix data. Is there a way we can get it in matrix format instead of X,Y format?

Best regards,
Surendra

Surendra Anantharaman
yuki_wu Posted - 11/02/2017 : 01:25:27 AM
Hi Surendra,

To pick up all the data points from the data plots, the digitizing methods should be used in combination. This tutorial is a good example:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/enhanced-digitizer

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000