The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with Nonlinear Curve Fit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zaidan7 Posted - 11/14/2017 : 7:42:15 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): b9.4.0.220 (Academic)
Operating System: Win 8.1

Hello!

I'd like to ask regarding my problem with nonlinear curve fit.
I tried to fit the graph using ln (abs) scale for y-axis using one-diode equation as follow.

ln( abs( Jo*(exp(e*(x-( (exp(y))*Rs) ) / (n*Kb*T) )-1) +(((x-(exp(y))*Rs))/Rsh)-Jph ) ) -((y))

As seen on the attached image, the right-hand-side of the plot was well-fitted. However, I couldn't manage to fit the other side no matter how much I tried to change the fitting parameters. Could you please help me to solve this matter.

Thanks,
Best regards

Zaidan

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zaidan7 Posted - 11/15/2017 : 7:26:15 PM
Good morning!

Thank you very much for your big help!
I have tried using your FDF file and the plot was fitted perfectly as in the attached image below.
However, I've found out that the values of Rs and Rsh are quite weird. While Rs is lower than the estimated value (+-4), Rsh is always 0. As far I as I know, Rsh should be relatively bigger than Rs (e.g. >3000).

Best regards,
Zaidan
Echo_Chu Posted - 11/15/2017 : 04:53:26 AM
Hi,

Your function is similar to Modified Diode Equation, which we are going to added as build-in function in our next version.

I also upload the FDF file of Modified Diode Equation to the post below. You can look at how we work out the function and create your own.

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/ModDiode.zip

Please note that the function is a implicit function, we should use Implicit Curve Fitting tool to do the fitting.

You can look at the tutorial below for fitting wiht implicit funciton.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/ImplicitFit-3Var

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000