The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with Nonlinear Curve Fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Zaidan7

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2017 :  7:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): b9.4.0.220 (Academic)
Operating System: Win 8.1

Hello!

I'd like to ask regarding my problem with nonlinear curve fit.
I tried to fit the graph using ln (abs) scale for y-axis using one-diode equation as follow.

ln( abs( Jo*(exp(e*(x-( (exp(y))*Rs) ) / (n*Kb*T) )-1) +(((x-(exp(y))*Rs))/Rsh)-Jph ) ) -((y))

As seen on the attached image, the right-hand-side of the plot was well-fitted. However, I couldn't manage to fit the other side no matter how much I tried to change the fitting parameters. Could you please help me to solve this matter.

Thanks,
Best regards

Zaidan

Edited by - Zaidan7 on 11/14/2017 9:28:14 PM

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 11/15/2017 :  04:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Your function is similar to Modified Diode Equation, which we are going to added as build-in function in our next version.

I also upload the FDF file of Modified Diode Equation to the post below. You can look at how we work out the function and create your own.

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/ModDiode.zip

Please note that the function is a implicit function, we should use Implicit Curve Fitting tool to do the fitting.

You can look at the tutorial below for fitting wiht implicit funciton.
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/ImplicitFit-3Var

Echo
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Zaidan7

Malaysia
2 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2017 :  7:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good morning!

Thank you very much for your big help!
I have tried using your FDF file and the plot was fitted perfectly as in the attached image below.
However, I've found out that the values of Rs and Rsh are quite weird. While Rs is lower than the estimated value (+-4), Rsh is always 0. As far I as I know, Rsh should be relatively bigger than Rs (e.g. >3000).

Best regards,
Zaidan

Edited by - Zaidan7 on 11/15/2017 7:32:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000