The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 User-defined parameters formula

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clairekun Posted - 05/14/2020 : 06:55:20 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2018b
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

I would like to know whether it was possible to relate user-defined parameters in a worksheet column among themselves.

My worksheet is basically an X column with different species, and several Y columns with the amount of each species (%) in different mediums.

There is a constant corresponding to each medium; I need to define a formula using that constant to obtain a correction factor. I would create a new column set where the amounts are multiplied by that correction factor.

What I wanted to do is use a first User-defined parameter for the medium constant, and a second user-defined parameter to calculate the correction factor. This way, the new columns would follow a formula which would be First set * correction factor. This does not seem to work.

I need both the constant and the correction factor to show somewhere, so I can't simply include the correction calculation in new column formulas.

How could I do this?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Clairekun Posted - 05/14/2020 : 5:06:13 PM
Great, got it working now! Thanks!

If anyone is interested, wcol(j) is a predefined variable meaning "this column", see here: https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wks-SetColVal-MenuOpt-Dialog#Variables_Menu
YimingChen Posted - 05/14/2020 : 2:48:49 PM
Well. That is because your Origin version is old. Please use the following script instead:

=5*(%(wcol(j)[D1]$))

James
Clairekun Posted - 05/14/2020 : 10:46:06 AM
That is a solution I had already tried, sorry for not saying it before. Still not working; only -- is showing in the cell. I checked the format for user parameters cells, which is set to text & numeric, so I'm assuming that's not the problem.
YimingChen Posted - 05/14/2020 : 09:37:31 AM
Hi,

See below simple example on setting a column parameter as function of another column parameter.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000