The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 User-defined parameters formula
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  06:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2018b
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

I would like to know whether it was possible to relate user-defined parameters in a worksheet column among themselves.

My worksheet is basically an X column with different species, and several Y columns with the amount of each species (%) in different mediums.

There is a constant corresponding to each medium; I need to define a formula using that constant to obtain a correction factor. I would create a new column set where the amounts are multiplied by that correction factor.

What I wanted to do is use a first User-defined parameter for the medium constant, and a second user-defined parameter to calculate the correction factor. This way, the new columns would follow a formula which would be First set * correction factor. This does not seem to work.

I need both the constant and the correction factor to show somewhere, so I can't simply include the correction calculation in new column formulas.

How could I do this?

Edited by - Clairekun on 05/14/2020 06:57:31 AM

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

See below simple example on setting a column parameter as function of another column parameter.

James
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  10:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is a solution I had already tried, sorry for not saying it before. Still not working; only -- is showing in the cell. I checked the format for user parameters cells, which is set to text & numeric, so I'm assuming that's not the problem.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well. That is because your Origin version is old. Please use the following script instead:

=5*(%(wcol(j)[D1]$))

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 05/14/2020 2:49:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  5:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Great, got it working now! Thanks!

If anyone is interested, wcol(j) is a predefined variable meaning "this column", see here: https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wks-SetColVal-MenuOpt-Dialog#Variables_Menu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000