The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Append worksheet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dominik.mierzwa Posted - 03/16/2021 : 11:19:19 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2021
Operating System: W10 PRO

Hi,

I have two questions about the Append worksheet function.

1. Is it possible to preserve the Long name of the columns after recalculation of the Append workbook function? Blocking calculation or Manual recalculation is not a solution because I'd like to have the possibility of refreshing the data.

2. I usually use Data Connector and set it to change the name of Workbook name with the filename. Next, I use the append worksheet function to collect some of my data in one worksheet. Unfortunately, Append Worksheet uses a Short name as Dataset Identifier, whereas the connector places the filename as the Long name of the workbook. So I got Book1, Book2, and so on as a data identifier. Is it possible to force the connector to place the filename as a short name or an Append worksheet to use the long name of workbook?

Kind regards,
Dominik
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dominik.mierzwa Posted - 03/16/2021 : 1:27:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by easwar

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the clear user story.
We have added this to be fixed in our upcoming version 2021b, scheduled for release in late April
Internal JIRA ID: ORG-23370

Easwar
OriginLab

Dear Easwar,
thank you for the information. I will overcome the problem with the use of a copy of the worksheet with preferred Long names for columns and data pasted as a link.

Kind regards,
Dominik
easwar Posted - 03/16/2021 : 12:47:26 PM
Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the clear user story.
We have added this to be fixed in our upcoming version 2021b, scheduled for release in late April
Internal JIRA ID: ORG-23370

Easwar
OriginLab
dominik.mierzwa Posted - 03/16/2021 : 12:13:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D
Regarding #2- That is not possible either. Perhaps you can set the file name to the worksheet name (not sure which DC you use) and use Sheet Name for the Dataset Identifier

I used DC to xlsm files. Unfortunately, as I said, DC sent names to a Long name, Append worksheet use Short name of worksheet. Moreover, when I manually change short name, Origin adds letter A before name, why?

Kind regards,
Dominik
Chris D Posted - 03/16/2021 : 11:54:44 AM
Hi,

Regarding #1- That currently is not possible.
Regarding #2- That is not possible either. Perhaps you can set the file name to the worksheet name (not sure which DC you use) and use Sheet Name for the Dataset Identifier.

Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000