The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Append worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  11:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2021
Operating System: W10 PRO

Hi,

I have two questions about the Append worksheet function.

1. Is it possible to preserve the Long name of the columns after recalculation of the Append workbook function? Blocking calculation or Manual recalculation is not a solution because I'd like to have the possibility of refreshing the data.

2. I usually use Data Connector and set it to change the name of Workbook name with the filename. Next, I use the append worksheet function to collect some of my data in one worksheet. Unfortunately, Append Worksheet uses a Short name as Dataset Identifier, whereas the connector places the filename as the Long name of the workbook. So I got Book1, Book2, and so on as a data identifier. Is it possible to force the connector to place the filename as a short name or an Append worksheet to use the long name of workbook?

Kind regards,
Dominik

Edited by - dominik.mierzwa on 03/16/2021 11:24:06 AM

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  11:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Regarding #1- That currently is not possible.
Regarding #2- That is not possible either. Perhaps you can set the file name to the worksheet name (not sure which DC you use) and use Sheet Name for the Dataset Identifier.

Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  12:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D
Regarding #2- That is not possible either. Perhaps you can set the file name to the worksheet name (not sure which DC you use) and use Sheet Name for the Dataset Identifier

I used DC to xlsm files. Unfortunately, as I said, DC sent names to a Long name, Append worksheet use Short name of worksheet. Moreover, when I manually change short name, Origin adds letter A before name, why?

Kind regards,
Dominik

Edited by - dominik.mierzwa on 03/16/2021 12:15:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  12:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the clear user story.
We have added this to be fixed in our upcoming version 2021b, scheduled for release in late April
Internal JIRA ID: ORG-23370

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  1:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by easwar

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the clear user story.
We have added this to be fixed in our upcoming version 2021b, scheduled for release in late April
Internal JIRA ID: ORG-23370

Easwar
OriginLab

Dear Easwar,
thank you for the information. I will overcome the problem with the use of a copy of the worksheet with preferred Long names for columns and data pasted as a link.

Kind regards,
Dominik
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000