The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Reference name of folder in workbook

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sjleland Posted - 09/13/2024 : 11:43:33 AM
OriginPro 2024 (64-bit) SR1
Operating System: WIN 11

Hello, I am working on an Origin file in which individual unique datasets are entered and processed. There is a template folder containing all spots for data entry and processing that I intend to duplicate for each new dataset.

However, when duplicating a folder within a project, the sheets and plots cannot have the same name as those in another folder. To fix this, Origin adds a letter to the sheets and plots in a folder, messing up all my cell references.

Therefore, I would like to retrieve the string of the folder name and set that name as the sheet and tab names to prevent me having to update the cell references after every duplication.

Is this possible? Or is there a better way to do what I am intending?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
YimingChen Posted - 09/16/2024 : 4:55:01 PM
We have discussed the situation, and currently, we don't have a solution. I have created a Jira ticket (ORG-29794) to address it in the next version.

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000