The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Differentiating column

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Origin_rookie Posted - 12/14/2006 : 08:48:08 AM
Dear Users,
I have a problem with differentiating a column. I have two columns X and Y filled with data. Now I create a third column and the first derivative of the second column should be in the third column. Hope it is clear? If I change values in the second column, I want to see the changes in the third column immeadiatly.
Is there a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance for an answer

KTM

p.s. I use OriginPro 7.5
Edited by - Origin_rookie on 12/14/2006 08:52:06 AM

Edited by - Origin_rookie on 12/14/2006 08:53:05 AM
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Buess Posted - 12/14/2006 : 1:47:19 PM
You must be changing the cell values manually by entering new values and such changes do not trigger the Worksheet script. However, pasting a new value into a cell will trigger the script. Script or menu changes (eg, Column > Set Column Values) will also trigger the script. If you are changing values by hand you'll need an intermediate column...

1. Create a fourth column, D(Y), select that column and select Column > Set Column Values. Set up the resulting dialog like this. (Make sure the AutoUpdate option is checked.)

2. Modify your worksheet script like this...

The derivatives in col(C) will now change with any changes to col(B).

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Origin_rookie Posted - 12/14/2006 : 11:34:45 AM
Thank you for the answer.this works,but if I change any values in the second column the changes will not affect anything in the third column automatically. I have to run the worksheet script again. How can I change this,that it will work automatically?
Thanks for an answer
KTM
Mike Buess Posted - 12/14/2006 : 11:15:45 AM
Assuming the worksheet is Data2 with columns A(X), B(Y), C(Y)... select Tools > Worksheet Script, set up the resulting dialog as shown below and click the Do It button.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000