The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with corrupted file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
s.ret Posted - 04/23/2009 : 10:45:04 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Pro 8G SR 5 v 8.0987 (B987)
Operating System: XP prof., SP3

Hello,

I have a problem with an origin file. Whenever I try to save, origin crashes. It seems that the mistake is somehow connected to calculated date in the file. After opening the file, I receive the following message (repeated in several lines) in a script window:
Mathematik kann nicht auf Textspalten angewendet werden: GRAPH_SCROLLBAR_EVENTS(NEVENT, STRNAME$)
Mathematik kann nicht auf Textspalten angewendet werden: GRAPH_SCROLLBAR_EVENTS(NEVENT, STRNAME$, 0)

Does anybody have an idea what i can do to get this file back working? All colums seem to have text+numeric-format. Saving under a different name also produces crashes.
The file has about 77 MB.

Kind regards
Stefan
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 04/23/2009 : 1:59:03 PM
From the error message you are getting, I would suggest you delete all axis scrollbars from graphs in the project. You can do that with this script:
doc -e P {
label -r yScrollbar;
label -r yScrollThumb;
label -r xScrollbar;
label -r xScrollThumb;
}
If that does not help, then additionally try renaming the graph_controls.ogs file in your EXE folder to
XXXgraph_controls.ogs
and try saving again. (Remember to restore the right name after testing.)

If you are a pClamp user, you could also try shutting off the XF Panels. You can do this by right-clicking the window titlebar and selecting (a checked) Show X-Function Panel to hide it.

Without the file, we cannot be sure exactly what is happening. If you could upload to the Incoming folder of our ftp server
ftp://ftp.originlab.com
and send us an email when finished, we can have our programmers verify the cause.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000